Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Reciprocal Checkerboard Gradient Nails

Reciprocal gradients are so popular right now, I see them all over the place on instagram. And they should be, reciprocal gradients, gradients that oppose each other, are so cool and super intense. There's one lovely lady on Instagram +Simply Nailogical who is absolutely the cray cray-iest reciprocal gradienter I've even seen! She did this stunning checkerboard gradient nail design a little while ago and I just knew I was going to have to try it.

I've gotta say, it didn't take me nearly as loon to create this as I thought it would. But I would have worked on the mani for days, because it is AMAZING! Keep reading to see what I came up with!

I started off with a base of Sinful Colors Snow Me White. Then when that dried I created the first vertical gradient using Color Club Miss Bliss and China Glaze Glow With The Flow. When that dried I applied some straight vinyls to my nails alternating the position down each nail and created the same gradient except with the colors reversed. I peeled off the tape and sealed everything in with some Seche Vite to finish it off.



I can't even get over how fun these were or how many people called me nuts! But hey, life wouldn't be nearly as fun if you weren't at least a little cray ;)

What do you guys think? Would you try this design? If you did send me a link in the comments so I can see them!!

Thanks loves :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment