Monday, November 24, 2014

A Thanksgiving Houndstooth

Darlings!

Ready for some more Thanksgiving-esque nails? I'm actually completely smitten with these nails, neutrals and houndstooth, yum! It's a little known secret that I absolutely love houndstooth print, I never used to until I met my best friend. She has been obsessed with houndstooth for as long as I can remember and finally it rubbed off on me. I just can't get enough! 

Ready to get this design started? Let's go! 

I started off with a base of The Little LacquerBean Sweet Irish Cream. When it dried I taped off around my nails and created a gradient using both colors from The Little LacquerBean Chill Chasers Duo, Sweet Irish Cream and Spiked Hot Chocolate. After I removed the tape and cleaned up I stamped over everything with Maybelline Color Show Bold Gold and Bundle Monster plate BM-322 (hey that's my house number! Shhhhhh) Lastly I sealed it all in with Essie Good To Go and that was it!




Best way to hide a less than perfect gradient? Stamp over it! I wish I had taken photos of my other hand, the gradient was horrendous because I was low on time but I stamped over it and it looked just as good as my other hand ;) Secrets secrets!!! 

On a side note, I LOVE the hint of holographic sparkle in this from The Little LacquerBean Sweet Irish Cream. It's just enough to catch your eye but not so much that it dominates the whole design. And this color combination pleases me, so many neutrals yet such a wonderful outcome. 

What do you guys think? 

Oh and incase you've forgotten... 4 MORE DAYS UNTIL THANKSGIVING! Because you know I'm counting down the hours until I can stuff my face.

Thanks loves :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment