Sunday, September 28, 2014

31DC2014 Day 28: Inspired By A Flag

Ahoy!!!

The prompt for today's 31 Day Challenge 2014 is Inspired By A Flag. I was going to do the American flag but looking back on my manicures I've done at least two American flag manicures so I really wanted to change it up this time so......... PIRATE FLAG! I can't believe I never thought of doing this before, I love pirates and pirate flags! Want to see what I came up with? Keep on reading then :)


I started with a base of Essie Blanc on my pointer nail, Maybelline Color Show Bold Gold on my middle, Wet n Wild Black Creme on my ring, and OPI You Don't Know Jacques! on my pinky. On my pointer I used OPI Big Apple Red for the stripes and then I took Zoya 18K and E.L.F Gold Star to create the "gold" on my middle. I painted the skull flag on my ring using white and light grey acrylic paint and finally I painted the peg leg wood pattern with NYC Royal Chick. I sealed everything in with a generous layer of Essie Good To Go and that was it!






Love, love, love this! The only thing that I don't like is that my pirate skull looks a bit too happy... ;) LOL But really, I need to do more pirate themed manicures, it's just too much fun! 

But now it's your turn! Post a link to your 31DC2014 Inspired By A Flag nails in the comments so I can see!! 

Thanks loves :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment