Friday, August 16, 2013

The subtlest of not subtle water marble ;)

Hi loves!

I hope you guys are having a lovely week so far!! It's been beautiful weather here so I really can't complain too much :) 

Water marbling has always been something I've usually admired from a far... I try my hand at it every once in a while but it just gets so discouraging because the polishes I use don't always work, I mess up a few nails, the clean up is horrendous, or my personal favorite, I spill water all over my desk -_- But enough of my complaining! I decided that me and water marbling were going to become fast friends. I was going to do it until I got the technique down and I only spilled all the water a couple of times ;) To my surprise it went pretty smoothly this time! I think it has a lot to do with the fact that the polishes I chose worked well for marbling. 

So let's get started! I started with a base of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls on all of my nails. Then I used China Glaze Sun-Kissed and I'm With the Lifeguard for my marbling colors and marbled my middle, ring, and thumb. Then I did two coats of I'm With the Lifeguard on my index and two coats of Sun-Kissed on my pinky.






For once my camera wasn't horrendous at photographic neons! I still had to do some color correction... hence why I look like I have jaundice in the last photo -_- but not nearly as much as I'm used to when I work with neons. The difference between the green and yellow was a lot more noticeable in person but they still photographed remarkably well ;) These were so darn bright I needed some sunglasses just to look at them B) 

I don't think I'll ever get tired of using neons in the summertime. What's your favorite thing to wear on your nails in the summer? Thanks guys :) 

13 comments:

  1. Great colour combo for marbling :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady!! :) I do love green and yellow together :)

      Delete
  2. How eye-catching! Whatever you do, you have me if it's in-your-face! But when it comes to getting better at a hard thing, you've got me even more :D Congrats, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much!!! I'm always itching to do designs that I find difficult cuz I'll never get better if I don't try ;) lol!! :)

      Delete
  3. Sun-Kissed and I'm With the Lifeguard are two of my all time favorite colors, so to see them together is just awesome! Your water marbling is really pretty! Yes, neons are such a pain to photograph, but I think your pics turned out great. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such fun colors right?! You are too kind Yun thank you so much!! :)

      Delete
  4. Hahaha, so fun to read all the trouble you go through wm'ing LOL
    I LOVE the result - it's just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least I'm a comedic relief right?? LOL!! Thank you so much Maria!!!! :)

      Delete
  5. This is lovely, so bright and summery! I have tried water marbling once and it went terribly - maybe I should give it another try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should! If you use colors that spread well in water it should go smoothly for you. I bet you'll be amazing!! Thanks so much lady!!! :)

      Delete
  6. Looks great! I am happy for you that you finally are pleased with water marbling. I haven't tried it yet for the same reasons that you state. And I loooove neon and coral for summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try it!! Neons are so muh fun right? And coral is one of my favorites!! Thank you so much!! :)

      Delete