Monday, July 8, 2013

Happy... 8th of July!!

Yep this post was definitely supposed to go out on the 4th -_- oops!

So valiant effort on my part I really did try to get this post out on last Thursday but this 4th of July weekend had been CRAZY for me! On top of fireworks and parties the Summer Nationals were the entire weekend. If you don't know what that is basically its like a car show with drag races and burnouts... super fun! I literally had no time to get the post up.. today is actually the first day I had the chance to paint my nails in almost  week! 

As much as I love having fun.. it's nice that things are quieter now... more time to paint my nails ;) 

Alright better late then never to take a look at these red, white, and blue babies... or should I say red, silver, and blue? I decided I wanted my nails to look metallic this year and I'm really liking how they turned out. I started with a base of Sally Hansen Silver Sweep and then freehanded the flag design with Maybelline Color Show in Navy Narcissist and Sally Hansen Unbreakable Heart. And to add the extra sparkle for the stars I put China Glaze Fairy Dust over the blue. Tell me what you think!






I have to say I felt pretty patriotic wearing this on my nails! 

But, I've come to the conclusion that I'm never going to have pretty long nails -_- so sad. I just can't get them to grow long enough without snapping off a corner or three! Guess I've just gotta work with what I've got huh? 

So what do you guys think? Did you have a great 4th of July weekend if you celebrated? I'd love to know what you wore on your nails! ;)



1 comment:

  1. This is really pretty! I did a glitter topcoat I created over red, white, and blue skittles.

    ReplyDelete