Thursday, October 18, 2012

My very first ikat!!

Good morning everyone!! 

Well we've made it over the hump and are on our way to the weekend hoorah!! I hope you guys are having a great week I know I can't wait for mine to be over so I can play with some more polish! If only I didn't have to work I could play all day *sigh* Oh well! 

I'm really excited to show you guys my mani today. I've been wanting to try the ikat design for a long time now but always put it on the back burner because I thought it would be too difficult and time consuming. But just a few days ago I was talking with the lovely Emily from Very Emily who does an absolutely fantastic ikat design among other amazing things (Seriously check her blog out she's super awesome!!! :)) and she was kind enough to send me a tutorial on how she does her ikat design. Her tutorial was so simple it made doing these nails a breeze! I can't wait to experiment with other colors to see how well they go together in this design! So take a look at my very first ikat design wooooo!!! :) 


Colors used:
- Sinful Colors Mint Apple
- Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Snappy Sorbet
- Kiss Nail Art Striper in Black










My striper polish was almost gone while I was doing these nails so unfortunately it got pretty goopey about half-way through these but I don't think you can really tell ;) I'm so proud of the way these came out and they were so much easier then I thought they were going to be!

So what do you guys think?

Thanks for reading guys and don't forget to check out Emily's blog at Very Emily I can assure you you won't be disappointed!! :)

8 comments:

  1. Well done!! I love the colors you chose!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I used the same kind of colors Emily used in her tutorial talk about un-creative -_- I tried really hard to use different colors but her's were just so pretty I HAD to try the color combo :) Glad you like them ^.^

      Delete
  2. This is totally cool! Love the colors you used! Thanks for sharing Emily's blog! I just liked her on FB :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! :) Isn't her blog super awesome?? :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for sending me the link to your blogpost! These turned out simply perfect! Heck, my first ikats didn't look this gorgeous :) awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much!! And I'm sure they came out way gorgeous! :)

      Delete
  4. very cute! I kind of wish I used Mint Apple now for mine, although Dreamer worked out well too! I will be re-doing them with mint apple though in the near future!!! I always forget i own that polish lol. I don't think mine look as awesome as yours! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I love Mint Apple it's so pretty :) And I bet they look amazing I can't wait to see them!! :)

      Delete